Home Student Life College Counseling College Planning 101 Financial Aid Information

Financial Aid Information

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FAFSA is used to apply for federal student grants, work-study money, and loans. You can apply using the paper form available at the beginning of December in the Career Center or apply online. FAFSA can not be filed until January 1st. Both the parents and student need to apply for a PIN number when doing the FAFSA electronically.
FAFSA is where you will locate your Federal Financial Aid application which is a requirement for all colleges & universities.
You will need to create a PIN for both yourself and  your parent/legal guardian to sign your FAFSA electronically.

CCS Financial Aid Profile (CSS)

Profile is a program of the College Scholarship Service, the financial aid division of the College Board - a national nonprofit association of schools and school systems, colleges and universities, and educational organizations. Many colleges, universities, and scholarships use the information collected on the profile to help them award nonfederal student aid funds. The PROFILE can be picked up in the Career Center or you can find it online.

Financial Aid Resources How Do I Figure Out My Award Letter?
FINAID Sample Award Package
Fast Web Tuition Comparison
U.S. Department of Education  
Connecticut Student Loan Foundation  


hpslogo                    learning-lab-logo          uconn-wordmark-stacked-white          Goodwin-V Logo 2PMS SolidUHart white trans back stacked           Capital LOGO          Hartford Courant logo